Rate of Pay:
Bury St Edmunds
Welcome to Staffbank Recruitment.
We have the pleasure of working with our prestigious logistics client who have several sites across the UK, and are currently looking to recruit an experienced Software Developer to join their existing Digital/IT Department.
The Software Developer is responsible for developing business applications for the day to day activities of the business. You will have a responsibility in planning applications developments, code applications and supporting business applications in use.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements for the Role:
- Strong understanding of low-level programming languages: C, C++, Rust, Go)
- Good understanding of relational databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres
- Good understanding of containerised deployments (i.e. Docker, Kubernates)
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol to enable RESTful APIs
- Experience with Git versioning and any continious integration/deployment technologies
- Knowledge of Linux based technologies – preference to Redhat, CentOS and Fedora
- Experience of ticketing or issue management systems
- Experience of application monitoring
- Application development and support
- Documentation development and maintenance
- Data analysis
- Customer integration assistance
- Code review
- Ad-hoc task directed by the Head of Digital
- Use available systems to maintain accurate records of equipment across the business
- Use available systems to monitor and report on system and software performance
- Report any serious complications and grievances whilst following all identified company polices, procedures and processes
- Ensure adherence to the General Data Protection Regulations and any other relevant regulatory or legislative standards
This is a super opportunity to work for a market leader in warehousing and logistics.
For a full job description or an informal and confidential chat, please call our Ipswich office or send in your CV ASAP.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.